EGeekyTech- How To Setup An Antivirus?
Antivirus help in preventing spyware and viruses from infecting a computer and it is one of the essential software programs that each and every computer should have. There are n numbers of spyware and viruses that can cause damage to the operating system or to personal files.
It is recommended to install and download an antivirus in your computer. Follow the steps listed below provided by EGeekyTech to setup an antivirus in your computer.
Installation Of An Antivirus On Windows
- Step 1: Create An Account- You don’t have to create an account at that moment, but by doing so it will help you in a long run. There are some providers out there who will not ask you to sign-up first but will ask you to do that within 30 days of purchase. By creating an account, you will get direct access to updates and a place where you can manage your licenses and other features like anti-theft security features for your device.
- Step 2: Download The Antivirus – Click on download antivirus to start the process. By doing so, it will tell you to clean/delete some files to make room for the antivirus only if you are short on storage.
- Step 3: Approve Changes –It is important to make sure that you have all admin privileges for your computer, as you will have to authorize the software installation. To authorize the changes you will have to enter your password through the admin account. The whole procedure might look complicated, but the Windows will allow you to install the antivirus.
- Step 4: Follow The Given Installation Process- The antivirus will lead you through the installation process, which generally includes accepting the terms and conditions and founding where the antivirus will be saved.
- Step 5: Restart The Computer- To update the antivirus, make sure to restart your computer. Once the whole process is complete, run a full scan on the computer.
Installation Of An Antivirus On Mac!
Because of the protective things like Gatekeeper, many people think that they are safe from viruses but in fact Macs are still vulnerable to phishing scams, Trojan horses and other adware like piggyback programs and Crossrider.
Be aware of the threats before installing a Mac antivirus program. So once you find a software suite or an antivirus that’s well-suited with Mac then follow the same set up steps mentioned above.
Update The Antivirus After Installation
Antivirus programs are not updated and are missing latest spyware and virus definitions. So, without the latest definitions, the antivirus program will not be able to know about the latest spyware and viruses, thus it will make your computer vulnerable to an infection.
So, after installing the program, we recommend you to update it. This will protect your computer from spyware and viruses.
If you are still facing trouble, then try using the tips above to find a solution or try connecting with the professionals of EGeekyTech. They will help you in installing and in setting up your printer.